Thursday, January 27, 2005

Entourage X 2GB database file limit


entourage
Originally uploaded by magnor.
Yesterday, one of the staff hitted this limit. He was using Entourage X without any update at all (as I believe, if it aint broke, don't fix it).

Yesterday it broke. Everytime he launched Entourage, it gave "-40" error. Tried the typical and advance rebuild also didn't work.

So I downloaded the latest upgrade (10.1.6) from this site @ microsoft.

I applied the upgrade, and Entourage went back to normal. However it still have a limit of 4GB.

The user have to have to manage their email.

A side effect after applying this update is that everytime I relaunched Entourage or Word or Excel, it will ask for the CD Key.

Using "Remove Office" from Office X Cd, I removed ms office from his mac, and then reinstall the Office again. Enter the CD-Key, and it's all set. Never again asked for CD-Key.

No comments: