Last week, due to an error in our mail server, I was looking for a way to boot into single user mode. (I'm not an expert in Linux, so I have to google. :))
Yesterday, a friend of mine reminded me. I better write it down rather than google it again when I need it.
if boot_manager = GRUB then :
- type p if you passworded GRUB.
- Select the kernel you want to boot with, and type e.
- You will have a bunch of lines at your screen. Select the one with kernel and type e to edit the line.
- Go to the end of the line and type single
- Press enter, and type b to boot.